Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Kavali Plastic Surgery and Skin Renewal Center for fresh articles!
Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) is a procedure to remove fat, excess skin and muscle from the upper or lower eyelids. It can correct drooping upper eyelids and puffy bags around the lower eyelids.
Any one or more of the following conditions may indicate that you are a good candidate for eyelid surgery:
- Excess skin in the upper eyelids
- A puffy appearance in the upper eyelids that makes the eyes look tired
- Bags and dark circles under the eyes
Men and women both commonly have eyelid surgery, usually above the age of 35. You might consider having the surgery at a younger age if heavy eyelids run in your family.
Things You Need to Know
Is Eyelid Surgery Right for Me?
Is Eyelid Surgery Right for Me?Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) is a procedure to remove fat, excess skin and muscle from the upper or lower eyelids. It can correct drooping upper eyelids and puffy bags around the lower eyelids. Any one or more of the following conditions may indicate that you are a good candidate for eyelid surgery: -Excess skin in the upper eyelids -A puffy appearance in the upper eyelids that makes the eyes look tired -Bags and dark circles under the eyes Men and women both commonly have eyelid surgery, usually above the age of 35. You might consider having the surgery at a younger age if heavy eyelids run in your family.
How is Eyelid Surgery Done?
How is Eyelid Surgery Done?Upper eyelid surgery can be done in the office under local anesthesia or in a surgery center with sedation or general anesthesia. The upper eyelid incision falls into the natural crease of the upper eyelid, making it barely noticeable once it heals well. The extra skin is removed, and any extra fat is also removed. The incision is closed using a single long stitch, which is removed in the office after a few days. Lower eyelid surgery is done in a surgery center under sedation or general anesthesia. There are two types of incisions that can be used for lower eyelid surgery. One type of incision is on the outside of the eyelid (subciliary), just barely beneath the lash line. The other type is on the inside of the eyelid (transconjunctival incision), and there is no scar at all on the outside. The incision that’s ideal for you will be decided at the time of your consultation.
What Is Recovery Like After Eyelid Surgery?
What Is Recovery Like After Eyelid Surgery?You can expect to have swelling and perhaps some bruising after your eyelid surgery. There is little discomfort, though, and most people need to take pain medication for only a day or two after the surgery. You can return to work quickly, with most people taking off a long weekend. You may need to take off 1-2 weeks if you have a job that requires face-to-face client contact, and you want your appearance to be optimal.
What Other Procedures are Commonly Performed at the Time of Eyelid Surgery?
What Other Procedures are Commonly Performed at the Time of Eyelid Surgery?Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) alone can fix loose skin and remove extra fat in the eyelids, but if you also have sagging of the eyebrows, then a forehead lift (browlift) may be recommended. Smoothing of crow’s feet may require chemical peel or laser resurfacing procedures. Circles beneath the eyes caused by dark skin pigmentation may be treated with a bleaching cream or chemical peel.
How Much Does Eyelid Surgery Cost?
How Much Does Eyelid Surgery Cost?Our pricing is very competitive. Your final cost will depend on exactly what procedures you choose and where they will be done (office or surgery center). After you meet with Dr. Kavali, our Patient Coordinator will put together a detailed written quote for you. She can also assist with any financing options. You can find information about our financing options on our “Patient Information” page.
If you want to be with a practice that will be honest and open with you and set your expectations accordingly then you definitely need to see Dr. Kavali.
- Lisa B.
A Year of Free Botox with Surgery Booking
- Ready to make that change with a surgical procedure?
- Patients have come to Dr. Kavali for nearly 20 years as their trusted source for Mommy Makeovers, Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tucks, Liposuction, and much more.
- Now through September 30, 2019 you can enjoy a free year of Botox when you book your surgical procedure. This is valued up to $2000!
- This offer is good for patients who have already had a surgery consult or are new to the practice.
- Must be a member of Brilliant Distinctions. Additional rules and details presented at time of consult.
- Call our Surgery Coordinator Ali direct or email her for more info today
- 404-250-3333 or email@example.com
ANNUAL HOLIDAY EVENT SET FOR 11/15! DON'T MISS IT!
- That's right, our block buster Holiday Event has been moved up to Friday 11/15/2019. It's our Pre-pre Black Friday!
- The earlier date gives you time to stock up on gifts for yourself and get treated before the holidays kick into high gear.
- Enjoy the BIGGEST SAVINGS OF THE YEAR on all your favorites including Botox, Fillers, Skin Care, Gift Cards, and more. You know we bring it!
- Awesome Raffle Offers are in the works again!
- Stay Tuned to us in October for more details and to make your reservations
- Contact us at 404-250-3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kavali Plastic Surgery
Metamorphosis for your mind, body and soul.
What we provide is plastic surgery, cosmetic procedures, reconstructive procedures, and skin care. But what people really get from us and from our products is HOPE.Request a Consultation